Making Telecoms Work: From Technical Innovation to Commercial Success
Drawing on 25 years of participative experience in the mobile phone and telecommunications industry, the author closely analyses the materials, components and devices that have had a transformative impact. By presenting detailed case studies of materials innovation, such as those shown at success story Apple, the book shows how the collaboration of technological imagination with business knowledge will shape the industry’s future.
- Makes a link between the technical aspects and the business practice of the telecoms industry, highlighting the commercial and economic significance of new developments
- Gives a historical analysis of past successes and failures in order to identify future competitive advantage opportunities
- Supplies detailed case studies of supply chain disconnects and the impact these have on industry risk and profitability
- Brings together technological detail with analysis of what is and is not commercially important, from the implications of energy and environmental networks to the technical details of wireless network hardware.
Keywords: Communication Technology
- Varrall, Geoff
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 416 pages
- Information Technology, Telecommunications
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN