As one of the biggest and most highly anticipated technology releases, Windows 8 will be new territory to many PC users and may require a generous learning curve. Windows 8 for the Older and Wiser is an ideal guide for the senior computer user. Featuring an accessible writing style, a full-colour layout, an easy-to-read font, and a generous amount of screenshots, this resource covers everything from mouse and keyboard basics to surfing the Internet.
No previous computing knowledge is assumed, so you get an easygoing style that skips the technical jargon. A friendly step-by-step approach helps you get through each topic, including what the "windows" are in Windows and how they work, how to customise your Windows desktop, get digital photos from your camera to your PC, and much more.
- Details how to create, save, organise, and find files
- Reviews all the desktop background options, font sizes, widgets, colours, and more
- Addresses troubleshooting solutions to common problems
- Walks you through setting up and using e-mail
- Demonstrates how to use the Internet for news, shopping, travel, and more
- Helps you use programs, navigate menus, enlarge fonts and icons, set the screen for best visibility, and more
Windows 8 for the Older and Wiser is an easy-to-follow guide for the senior market for making the most of Windows 8.
Keywords: General & Introductory Computer Science, Windows 8, working with windows 8, windows 8 for senior citizens, learning windows 8 for senior citizens, help learning windows 8 for seniors, seniors learning windows 8, learning windows 8 for an older audience, easy to understand book on windows 8, beginner book on windows 8, beginner book on windows 8 for senior audience, seniors learning windows 8, help for seniors learning windows 8, windows 8 basics, basics of windows 8