Essential Computational Fluid Dynamics
Provides a clear, concise, and self-contained introduction to Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
This comprehensively updated new edition covers the fundamental concepts and main methods of modern Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). With expert guidance and a wealth of useful techniques, the book offers a clear, concise, and accessible account of the essentials needed to perform and interpret a CFD analysis.
The new edition adds a plethora of new information on such topics as the techniques of interpolation, finite volume discretization on unstructured grids, projection methods, and RANS turbulence modeling. The book has been thoroughly edited to improve clarity and to reflect the recent changes in the practice of CFD. It also features a large number of new end-of-chapter problems.
All the attractive features that have contributed to the success of the first edition are retained by this version. The book remains an indispensable guide, which:
- Introduces CFD to students and working professionals in the areas of practical applications, such as mechanical, civil, chemical, biomedical, or environmental engineering
- Focuses on the needs of someone who wants to apply existing CFD software and understand how it works, rather than develop new codes
- Covers all the essential topics, from the basics of discretization to turbulence modeling and uncertainty analysis
- Discusses complex issues using simple worked examples and reinforces learning with problems
- Is accompanied by a website hosting lecture presentations and a solution manual
Essential Computational Fluid Dynamics, Second Edition is an ideal textbook for senior undergraduate and graduate students taking their first course on CFD. It is also a useful reference for engineers and scientists working with CFD applications.
Keywords: fluid dynamics; computational fluid dynamics; hydraulics; fluid mechanics; CFD; CFD analysis; mechanical engineering; engineering; finite volume discretization; finite difference discretization; steady-state problems; RANS modeling; fluid flow; heat transfer; thermal fluid science
fluid dynamics; computational fluid dynamics; hydraulics; fluid mechanics; CFD; CFD analysis; mechanical engineering; engineering; finite volume discretization; finite difference discretization; steady-state problems; RANS modeling; fluid flow; heat transfer; thermal fluid science, Computational / Numerical Methods, Classical & Fluid Mechanics, Computational / Numerical Methods, Classical & Fluid Mechanics
- Zikanov, Oleg
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 384 pages
- Technology, Energy, Traffic
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN