Now in its third anniversary edition, world-renowned philosopher Anthony Kenny’s highly acclaimed survey of Western philosophy has been updated to provide essential coverage of contemporary Anglophone analytic and continental philosophy, and features a brand-new introduction on the history of philosophical sub-disciplines.
- 20th anniversary edition of Sir Anthony Kenny’s acclaimed survey of over 2,500 years of Western philosophical thought, featuring new chapters on Anglophone analytic and continental philosophy
- Offers the most concise and compelling story of the complete development of philosophy available
- Written by one of the most learned and pedigreed philosophers alive in Britain
- New to this edition is an array of significant female thinkers and continental figures such as Heidegger, Sartre, Beauvoir, Derrida, Foucault, Habermas, Popper, Anscombe, Austin, Geach, Foot, Quine, Davidson, Kripke, and Rawls
- Sets itself apart from competing volumes with Kenny’s distinctive voice and approachable style, making it accessible for students and curious general readers
- Now features 70 illustrations, many new to this edition