A Companion to Steven Spielberg provides an authoritative collection ofessays exploring the achievements and legacy of one of the most influential film directors of the modern era.
- Offers comprehensive coverage of Spielberg’s directorial output, from early works including Duel, The Sugarland Express, and Jaws, to recent films
- Explores Spielberg’s contribution to the development of visual effects and computer games, as well as the critical and popular reception of his films
- Topics include in-depth analyses of Spielberg’s themes, style, and filming techniques; commercial and cultural significance of the Spielberg ‘brand’ and his parallel career as a producer; and collaborative projects with artists and composers
- Brings together an international team of renowned scholars and emergent voices, balancing multiple perspectives and critical approaches
- Creates a timely and illuminating resource which acknowledges the ambiguity and complexity of Spielberg’s work, and reflects its increasing importance to film scholarship
Keywords: Spielberg, film studies, film history, film theory, cinema studies, movies, American films, Hollywood films, Hollywood
blockbusters, film icons, film directors, film producers, film screenwriters, video games, American auteurs, DreamWorks, Spielberg director, Spielberg producer, Spielberg screenwriter, visual effects, Jaws, New Hollywood era, American culture, American icon, popular culture, film animation, Film Studies