A comprehensive review of the current status and challenges for natural gas and shale gas production, treatment and monetization technologies
Natural Gas Processing from Midstream to Downstream presents an international perspective on the production and monetization of shale gas and natural gas. The authors review techno-economic assessments of the midstream and downstream natural gas processing technologies.
Comprehensive in scope, the text offers insight into the current status and the challenges facing the advancement of the midstream natural gas treatments. Treatments covered include gas sweeting processes, sulfur recovery units, gas dehydration and natural gas pipeline transportation.
The authors highlight the downstream processes including physical treatment and chemical conversion of both direct and indirect conversion. The book also contains an important overview of natural gas monetization processes and the potential for shale gas to play a role in the future of the energy market, specifically for the production of ultra-clean fuels and value-added chemicals. This vital resource:
- Provides fundamental chemical engineering aspects of natural gas technologies
- Covers topics related to upstream, midstream and downstream natural gas treatment and processing
- Contains well-integrated coverage of several technologies and processes for treatment and production of natural gas
- Highlights the economic factors and risks facing the monetization technologies
- Discusses supply chain, environmental and safety issues associated with the emerging shale gas industry
- Identifies future trends in educational and research opportunities, directions and emerging opportunities in natural gas monetization
- Includes contributions from leading researchers in academia and industry
Written for Industrial scientists, academic researchers and government agencies working on developing and sustaining state-of-the-art technologies in gas and fuels production and processing, Natural Gas Processing from Midstream to Downstream provides a broad overview of the current status and challenges for natural gas production, treatment and monetization technologies.
Keywords: Guide to Natural Gas Processing; understanding natural gas processing; text on natural gas processing; book on natural gas processing; resource to natural gas processing; upstream natural gas production; midstream natural gas treatment; downstream natural gas processing; monetization of shale gas
Guide to Natural Gas Processing; understanding natural gas processing; text on natural gas processing; book on natural gas processing; resource to natural gas processing; upstream natural gas production; midstream natural gas treatment; downstream natural gas processing; monetization of shale gas, monetization of natural gas; techno-economic assessments of natural gas processing; challenges facing natural gas processing; gas sweeting processes; sulfur recovery units; gas dehydration; natural gas pipeline transportation; shale gas production; shale gas treatment; downstream processes for natural gas; physical treatment of natural gas; liquefied natural gas; chemical conversion of natural gas; direct conversion of natural gas; indirect conversion of natural gas; the future of the energy market; ultra clean fuels; value added chemicals and natural gas