* Provides a comprehensive summary of all aspects of controlled-speed electrical drive technology including control and operation.
* Handling of electrical drives is solidly linked to the theory and design of the associated electrical machines. Added insight into problems and functions are illustrated with clearly understandable figures.
* Offers an understanding of the main phenomena associated with electrical machine drives.
* Considers the problem of bearing currents and voltage stresses of an electrical drive.
* Includes up-to-date theory and design guidelines, taking into account the most recent advances.
This book’s rigorous coverage of theoretical principles and techniques makes for an excellent introduction to controlled-speed electrical drive technologies for Electrical Engineering MSc or PhD students studying electrical drives. It also serves as an excellent reference for practicing electrical engineers looking to carry out design, analyses, and development of controlled-speed electrical drives.