Putting Students First offers perspectives and recommendations in areas of holistic student development such as
- Understanding millennial college students
- The role of faculty in defining culture
- The design and implementation of curriculum
- The impact of cocurricular involvement
- Fostering relationships with on-campus and off-campus communities
By organizing the campus environment into “4Cs”—culture, curriculum, cocurriculum, and community—the authors create a conceptual framework for faculty, student affairs staff, and administrators to discuss, plan, and create college environments that effectively support the learning and development of students. Each chapter includes an introduction, evidence and analysis, a summary, and questions to help readers consider how to develop students holistically on their own campuses.