Examining children presents unique challenges for trainees and new doctors in paediatrics. Paediatric patients vary greatly in age and development, often find it difficult to describe their symptoms, and can behave unpredictably in clinical settings. Clinical Examination Skills in Paediatrics helps MRCPCH candidates and other practitioners learn effective history taking and fundamental examination techniques.
Clear and concise chapters–with contributions from a team of paediatric specialists–demonstrate the clinical examination and questioning techniques used in daily practice. Emphasis on the intellectual processes involved in decision making assists both trainees preparing for a formal examination as well as new clinicians faced with a difficult diagnostic problem. Topics include cardiovascular and respiratory examination, examining a child with a neuromuscular disorder, musculoskeletal examination, and taking history from a child with diabetes and a rheumatological condition.
- Includes access to a companion website containing high-quality videos that demonstrate techniques, procedures and approaches
- Features commentary by experienced practitioners which offer observations and deductions at each stage of the examination process
- Offers tips for communicating effectively with the patients using appropriate lay terms
- Helps translate the symptoms and signs experienced by patients into medical-speak
- Covers all the skills tested in the MRCPCH Clinical exam
Clinical Examination Skills in Paediatrics is the perfect study and reference guide for paediatrics trainees, MRCPCH candidates, foundation doctors, allied healthcare professionals, and anyone looking to improve their clinical and communication skills in paediatrics.
Keywords: paediatric examination; paediatric exam reference; paediatric exam techniques; paediatric exam guide; MRCPCH exam; MRCPCH prep; paediatric history taking; paediatric cardiovascular exam; paediatric respiratory exam; paediatric gastrointestinal exam
paediatric examination; paediatric exam reference; paediatric exam techniques; paediatric exam guide; MRCPCH exam; MRCPCH prep; paediatric history taking; paediatric cardiovascular exam; paediatric respiratory exam; paediatric gastrointestinal exam, Medical Professional Development, Medical Education, Medical Professional Development, Medical Education