Castro, Erin L.
Understanding Equity in Community College Practice: New Directions for Community Colleges, Number 172
The diverse perspectives and issues in these chapters explicitly advance an equity
- Conceptual and empirical rationales to support equity-oriented practices,
- Examples of programming and practice that support the lives and livelihoods of underserved student populations, and
- Examples of policy, programming, and thinking that emphasize the role of the community college in expanding educational opportunity for underserved students.
This is the 172nd volume of this Jossey-Bass quarterly report series. Essential to the professional libraries of presidents, vice presidents, deans, and other leaders in today's open-door institutions, New Directions for Community Colleges provides expert guidance in meeting the challenges of their distinctive and expanding educational mission.
Keywords: editors; blueprint; equity work; conceptual challenges; introduction; description; equity; educational; equityoriented practices; engaging; college contexts; common; outlines; community; traps; reflections; matter; diversity; francisco; president, Community Colleges, Higher Education General, Education Special Topics, Community Colleges, Higher Education General, Education Special Topics
- Castro, Erin L.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- J-B CC Single Issue Community Colleges
- Page amount
- 120 pages
- Upbringing, Education
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN