Features new results and up-to-date advances in modeling and solving differential equations
Introducing the various classes of functional differential equations, Functional Differential Equations: Advances and Applications presents the needed tools and topics to study the various classes of functional differential equations and is primarily concerned with the existence, uniqueness, and estimates of solutions to specific problems. The book focuses on the general theory of functional differential equations, provides the requisite mathematical background, and details the qualitative behavior of solutions to functional differential equations.
The book addresses problems of stability, particularly for ordinary differential equations in which the theory can provide models for other classes of functional differential equations, and the stability of solutions is useful for the application of results within various fields of science, engineering, and economics. Functional Differential Equations: Advances and Applications also features:
• Discussions on the classes of equations that cannot be solved to the highest order derivative, and in turn, addresses existence results and behavior types
• Oscillatory motion and solutions that occur in many real-world phenomena as well as in man-made machines
• Numerous examples and applications with a specific focus on ordinary differential equations and functional differential equations with finite delay
• An appendix that introduces generalized Fourier series and Fourier analysis after periodicity and almost periodicity
• An extensive Bibliography with over 550 references that connects the presented concepts to further topical exploration
Functional Differential Equations: Advances and Applications is an ideal reference for academics and practitioners in applied mathematics, engineering, economics, and physics. The book is also an appropriate textbook for graduate- and PhD-level courses in applied mathematics, differential and difference equations, differential analysis, and dynamics processes.
CONSTANTIN CORDUNEANU, PhD, is Emeritus Professor in the Department of Mathematics at The University of Texas at Arlington, USA. The author of six books and over 200 journal articles, he is currently Associate Editor for seven journals; a member of the American Mathematical Society, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, and the Romanian Academy; and past president of the American Romanian Academy of Arts and Sciences.
YIZENG LI, PhD, is Professor in the Department of Mathematics at Tarrant County College, USA. He is a member of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics.
MEHRAN MAHDAVI, PhD, is Professor in the Department of Mathematics at Bowie State University, USA. The author of numerous journal articles, he is a member of the American Mathematical Society, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, and the Mathematical Association of America.
Keywords: mathematics; functional equations; existence theory; stability; oscillatory motion; neutral functional equations; differential equations; applied mathematics; engineering; physics; differential analysis; dynamic processes;? algorithms; science; Fourier Analysis; Generalized Fourier Analysis, Applied Mathematics in Science, Numerical Methods & Algorithms, Applied Mathematics in Science, Numerical Methods & Algorithms
- Corduneanu, Constantin
- Li, Yizeng
- Mahdavi, Mehran
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Pure and Applied Mathematics: A Wiley Series of Texts, Monographs and Tracts
- Page amount
- 368 pages
- Natural Sciences
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN