Maranas, Costas D.
Optimization Methods in Metabolic Networks
Provides a tutorial on the computational tools that use mathematical optimization concepts and representations for the curation, analysis and redesign of metabolic networks
Keywords: , Biochemical Engineering
- Organizes, for the first time, the fundamentals of mathematical optimization in the context of metabolic network analysis
- Reviews the fundamentals of different classes of optimization problems including LP, MILP, MLP and MINLP
- Explains the most efficient ways of formulating a biological problem using mathematical optimization
- Reviews a variety of relevant problems in metabolic network curation, analysis and redesign with an emphasis on details of optimization formulations
- Provides a detailed treatment of bilevel optimization techniques for computational strain design and other relevant problems
Keywords: Metabolic network modeling
Metabolic network modeling, Mathematical optimization, Flux Balance Analysis, Bilevel optimization
- Maranas, Costas D.
- Zomorrodi, Ali R.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 288 pages
- Gardening, Agriculture, Forestry
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN