New edition of an acclaimed manual which uses the solution focused approach to take an empathetic and validating approach to working with individuals considering suicide.
- Offers invaluable guidance for suicide prevention by showing “what works” in treating those struggling with suicidal thoughts
- Provides straightforward ways to deal frankly with the subject of suicide, along with a range of tools and techniques that are helpful to clients
- Includes actual dialogue between practitioners and clients to allow readers to gain a better understanding of how to work with suicidal clients
- Compares and contrasts a ground-breaking approach to suicide prevention with more traditional approaches to risk assessment and management
- Features numerous updates and revisions along with brand new sections dealing with the international landscape, blaming the suicided person, Dr Alys Cole-King’s ‘Connecting with People’, and telephone work with the suicidal, Human Givens Therapy, and zero suicide
Suicide, suicide prevention, suicide mitigation, preventing suicide, suicide therapy, depression, depression therapy, psychotherapy, solution-focused brief therapy, SFBT
, Psychotherapy & Counseling