Systematically presents the input-output finite-time stability (IO-FTS) analysis of dynamical systems, covering issues of analysis, design and robustness
The interest in finite-time control has continuously grown in the last fifteen years. This book systematically presents the input-output finite-time stability (IO-FTS) analysis of dynamical systems, with specific reference to linear time-varying systems and hybrid systems. It discusses analysis, design and robustness issues, and includes applications to real world engineering problems.
While classical FTS has an important theoretical significance, IO-FTS is a more practical concept, which is more suitable for real engineering applications, the goal of the research on this topic in the coming years.
- Includes applications to real world engineering problems.
- Input-output finite-time stability (IO-FTS) is a practical concept, useful to study the behavior of a dynamical system within a finite interval of time.
- Computationally tractable conditions are provided that render the technique applicable to time-invariant as well as time varying and impulsive (i.e. switching) systems.
- The LMIs formulation allows mixing the IO-FTS approach with existing control techniques (e. g. H8 control, optimal control, pole placement, etc.).
This book is essential reading for university researchers as well as post-graduate engineers practicing in the field of robust process control in research centers and industries. Topics dealt with in the book could also be taught at the level of advanced control courses for graduate students in the department of electrical and computer engineering, mechanical engineering, aeronautics and astronautics, and applied mathematics.
State feedback control
Dynamic output feedback control
- Amato, Francesco
- Pironti, Alfredo
- Tommasi, Gianmaria De
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Wiley Series in Dynamics and Control of Electromechanical Systems
- Page amount
- 184 pages
- Technology, Energy, Traffic
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN