The Atlas of Reality: A Comprehensive Guide to Metaphysics presents an extensive examination of the key topics, concepts, and guiding principles of metaphysics.
- Represents the most comprehensive guide to metaphysics available today
- Offers authoritative coverage of the full range of topics that comprise the field of metaphysics in an accessible manner while considering competing views
- Explores key concepts such as space, time, powers, universals, and composition with clarity and depth
- Articulates coherent packages of metaphysical theses that include neo-Aristotelian, Quinean, Armstrongian, and neo-Humean
- Carefully tracks the use of common assumptions and methodological principles in metaphysics
Keywords: Metaphysics; philosophy; being; Aristotle; Descartes; Leibniz; Bertrand Russell; David Lewis; Alvin Plantinga, ; Kit Fine; Peter van Inwagen; John Hawthorne; causation; space; time; universals; individuation; composition; ground; modality; persistence