Provides an in-depth coverage of TV White Space Technology (TVWS) and the various challenges of its new innovations
This book covers the full spectrum of TVWS technology including regulations, technology, standardizations, and worldwide deployments. It begins with an introduction to cognitive radio and TVWS. The regulation activities in TVWS throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are covered in depth. After a discussion of regulations, the authors examine the standardizations developed to specify the enabling technologies of TVWS systems. The following chapter focuses on the key technologies that differentiate TVWS from a conventional wireless communication system.
- Describes various worldwide use cases and deployments based on the needs of the consumers
- Covers IEEE 802.19.1, IEEE 802.22, IEEE 802.11af, IEEE 802.15.4m, and IETF protocol for Accessing White Spaces
- Studies the market and commercial potential of TVWS and other spectrum sharing technologies
- Discusses technological trends in spectrum sharing and additional applications that could leverage on TVWS and other spectrum sharing technologies
TV White Space: The First Step Towards Better Utilization of Frequency Spectrum is written for telecommunications/networks operators, researchers, engineers, government regulators, technical managers, and network equipment manufacturers.
Keywords: TV White Space (TVWS); Cognitive Radio; Protocol to Access White Space; Antennas; Spectrum Identification; WSDB networks; Digital Video Broadcasting; Internet of Things; M2M Communications; MIMO, Communication Technology - Networks, Communication Technology - Networks
- Ma, Yugang
- Oh, Ser Wah
- Peh, Edward
- Tao, Ming-Hung
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- The ComSoc Guides to Communications Technologies
- Page amount
- 360 pages
- Technology, Energy, Traffic
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN