The fourth edition of this seminal text retains its focus on placing the health visitor at the forefront of supporting and working with children, families, individuals and communities.Health Visiting: Preparation for Practice has been fully revised and updated to reflect the changes and developments in health policy, public health priorities, and health visiting. It considers the public health role of the health visitor, and the important role and responsibilities the health visitor has with safeguarding children to ensure the child has the best possible start in life.
- Fully updated throughout, with new content on practice and policy developments
- Takes into account the challenges and changing role of the health visitor, and the need to ensure that their practice is evidenced-based
- Includes an additional chapter on working in a multicultural society with a discussion on some of the challenges faced by health visitors
- Discusses and debates the practice of public health and working with communities
- Examines the role of the health visitor with safeguarding and child protection, as well as working within a multi-professional team
- Features case studies and learning activities
Health Visiting: Preparation for Practice is essential reading for student health visitors, public health nurses, and those on community placements, as well as other health practitioners working with and in the community.
Keywords: community; health; visiting; public; policy; safeguarding; vulnerable; families; family; multi-professional
community; health; visiting; public; policy; safeguarding; vulnerable; families; family; multi-professional, Community Nursing, Primary Care Nursing & Practice Nursing, Community Nursing, Primary Care Nursing & Practice Nursing