This collection of critical essays offers an unrivalled andup-to-the-minute assessment of the prolific and resilient life andvision of one of cinema’s greatest auteurs.
- The first edited collection of essays on Fritz Lang’sbody of work in over thirty years
- A comprehensive assessment of one of cinema’s mostinfluential figures
- Brings together key scholars, including Tom Gunning and ChrisFujiwara, to share their latest insights
- Features translated contributions from writers rarely renderedin English such as Nicole Brenez and Paolo Berletto
- Offers multinational and multi-perspectival analysis ofLang’s oeuvre, including all his key films
Keywords: Film Studies, German Expressionism
German Expressionism, cinema history, German cinema, Thea vonHarbou, film noir, Woman in the Moon, Metropolis, American genre cinema, The Big Heat, film director, scholarship, reference, , Auteur theory, auteurship, Film and Media Studies, classical cinema, Western Union, Clashby Night, The Films of Fritz Lang: Allegories of Vision andModernity, Tom Gunning, Tom Conley, Raymond Bellour, AdrianMartin, Chris Fujiwara, Kent Jones, Nicole Brenez, Carlos Losilla, Paolo Bertetto, Weimar cinema and culture, Hollywood studio system, genre and authorship, American culture, German culture