Breaking Teleprinter Ciphers at Bletchley Park: An edition of I.J. Good, D. Michie and G. Timms: General Report on Tunny with Emphasis on Statistical Methods (1945)
This book is an edition of the General Report on Tunny with commentary that clarifies the often difficult language of the GRT and fitting it into a variety of contexts arising out of several separate but intersecting story lines, some only implicit in the GRT.
- Explores the likely roots of the ideas entering into the Tunny cryptanalysis
- Includes examples of original worksheets, and printouts of the Tunny-breaking process in action
- Presents additional commentary, biographies, glossaries, essays, and bibliographies
Keywords: Newmanry, Lorenz SZ42 Schlüsselzusatz, Colossus, Bletchley Park, Government Code and Cypher School (GCCS), Alan Turing, cryptanalysis, cryptography, Fish, Tunny, Bayesian statistics, Max Newman, I.J. Good, Donald Michie, Communication System Security
- Diffie, Whitfield
- Field, J. V.
- Reeds, James A.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 792 pages
- Information Technology, Telecommunications
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN