General Practice Cases at a Glance is a workbook of clinical scenarios, ideal for those working in general practice, on their GP rotations, or looking to improve their history-taking, diagnostic and management planning skills. Written by practising teaching GPs, it provides an accessible overview of the richness and complexity of general practice.
With 50 engaging consultations, covering all age ranges and a broad spread of clinical areas, each symptom-based chapter begins with the clinical presentation of a patient, before going on to uncover the full history and examination. As you work through each true-to-life case, there are red flag symptoms, useful charts and tables, and further resources to deepen your knowledge.
General Practice Cases at a Glance:
• Is suitable for clinical students, Foundation doctors, and those preparing for the MRCGP’s CSA
• Includes 50 case scenarios from across the medical spectrum, from mental health and paediatrics to musculoskeletal and ENT medicine
• Is comprehensively illustrated
• Features current clinical guidelines, and charts and tables to accompany each case
• Is the companion volume to General Practice at a Glance, ISBN 9780470655511, (Awarded First Prize in the Primary health care category at the 2013 BMA Medical Book Awards) but is also a stand-alone resource