Hospice and Palliative Care for Companion Animals: Principles and Practice offers the first comprehensive reference to veterinary hospice and palliative care, with practical guidance and best practices for caring for sick and dying animals.
- Presents the first thorough resource to providing veterinary hospice and palliative care
- Offers practical guidance and best practices for caring for sick and dying animals
- Provides an interdisciplinary team approach, from a variety of different perspectives
- Gives concrete advice for easing pets more gently through their final stage of life
- Includes access to a companion website with client education handouts to use in practice
Keywords: Hospice; palliative care; terminally ill; terminal illness; sick; dying; end-of-life; human-animal bond; quality of life; decisions; care; distress; comfort-oriented care; veterinary; animal; pet; dog; cat; canine; feline