Explore multiple practical and theoretical dimensions of needs assessment. This volume focuses exclusively on this essential topic for guiding decisions—examining subjects such as:
- the importance of defining needs,
- implementing assessments in public and private-sector organizations,
- aligning needs with assets and capacity assessments,
- how assessments factor into meaningful change at the organizational and society levels
- how to apply needs assessments in culturally diverse contexts
- conducting international needs assessments, and
- the impact of technologies on needs assessment methods.
This issue will help professionals within public and private organizations conduct useful assessments, ones leading to results that can be applied in decisions.
This is the 144th issue in the New Directions for Evaluation series from Jossey-Bass. It is an official publication of the American Evaluation Association.
Keywords: Education Special Topics