Chemistry as a Game of Molecular Construction: The Bond-Click Way utilizes an innovative and engaging approach to introduce students to the basic concepts and universal aspects of chemistry, with an emphasis on molecules’ beauty and their importance in our lives.
• Offers a unique approach that portrays chemistry as a window into mankind’s material-chemical essence
• Reveals the beauty of molecules through the “click” method, a teaching methodology comprised of the process of constructing molecules from building blocks
• Styles molecular construction in a way that reveals the universal aspect of chemistry
• Allows students to construct molecules, from the simple hydrogen molecule all the way to complex strands of DNA, thereby showing the overarching unity of matter
• Provides problems sets and solutions for each chapter
Keywords: Chemistry; atoms; atomic structure; electrons; atomic connectivity; molecules; covalent bonds; organic molecules; transition metal complexes; DNA; RNA; polymers; proteins; molecular structure; molecular architecture; ionic bonds, General & Introductory Chemical Engineering, General & Introductory Materials Science, General & Introductory Chemical Engineering, General & Introductory Materials Science