The ultimate guide to mastering Linux
This fully updated 9th edition of Linux Bible gives beginners and intermediate users alike the knowledge and skills to take Linux to the next level. With an emphasis on command-line tools and a focus on the latest versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Fedora, and Ubuntu, renowned Linux expert and bestselling author Christopher Negus guides you step-by-step through detailed demonstrations and exercises designed to provide you with a thorough understanding and working knowledge of the Linux operating system. Linux Bible, 9th Edition also provides exam prep materials for various Linux certifications.
Linux is at the heart of most technological advances in cloud computing and that means you need a solid understanding of Linux to work effectively in tomorrow's data centers. The Linux basics you learn early on in the book are applied in later chapters as the author demonstrates how to deploy Linux systems as hypervisors, cloud controllers, and virtual machines, as well as manage virtual networks and networked storage.
Linux Bible, 9th Edition shows you how to get and install Linux, begin using it, and ultimately excel at administering and securing it. This book is also an excellent resource for software developers who wish to use Linux as a developer workstation.
The Linux Bible, 9th Edition shows you how to:
- Get started with Linux
- Become a Linux power user
- Access a shell and write simple shell scripts
- Administer Linux systems and servers
- Secure Linux systems and networks
- Configure various servers and troubleshoot common problems
- Create Linux virtual machines that run on hypervisors and cloud platforms
Start with any Linux system and advance to enterprise Linux computing
- Use your favorite Linux distribution to learn and test your skills with Linux command-line tools
- Learn professional system administration tasks using Fedora, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Ubuntu LTS, CentOS, or other enterprise-ready Linux systems.
- Deploy Linux to the cloud
Keywords: Linux Bible Ninth Edition, Christopher Negus, Red Hat Inc., Linux guide, Linux tutorial, Linux user guide, Linux manual, learning Linux, Linux power user, Linux admin guide, Linux server systems, Linux cloud computing, RHEL 7 guide, Linux help, GNOME 3, Fedora 21, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, Linux Openstack, Linux Cloudforms, Linux cloud development, Linux cloud apps, Linux setup, Linux practice, Linux file systems, Linux system management, Linux enterprise solutions, Operating Systems / Linux & UNIX