Addresses innovations in technology relating to the energy efficiency of a wide variety of contemporary computer systems and networks
With concerns about global energy consumption at an all-time high, improving computer networks energy efficiency is becoming an increasingly important topic. Large-Scale Distributed Systems and Energy Efficiency: A Holistic View addresses innovations in technology relating to the energy efficiency of a wide variety of contemporary computer systems and networks. After an introductory overview of the energy demands of current Information and Communications Technology (ICT), individual chapters offer in-depth analyses of such topics as cloud computing, green networking (both wired and wireless), mobile computing, power modeling, the rise of green data centers and high-performance computing, resource allocation, and energy efficiency in peer-to-peer (P2P) computing networks.
- Discusses measurement and modeling of the energy consumption method
- Includes methods for energy consumption reduction in diverse computing environments
- Features a variety of case studies and examples of energy reduction and assessment
Timely and important, Large-Scale Distributed Systems and Energy Efficiency is an invaluable resource for ways of increasing the energy efficiency of computing systems and networks while simultaneously reducing the carbon footprint.Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Pierson, Jean-Marc
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Wiley Series on Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Page amount
- 336 pages
- Information Technology, Telecommunications
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN