PROVIDES STRATEGIES AND CONCEPTS FOR UNDERSTANDING CHEMICAL PROTEOMICS, AND ANALYZING PROTEIN FUNCTIONS, MODIFICATIONS, AND INTERACTIONS—EMPHASIZING MASS SPECTROMETRY THROUGHOUT
Covering mass spectrometry for chemical proteomics, this book helps readers understand analytical strategies behind protein functions, their modifications and interactions, and applications in drug discovery. It provides a basic overview and presents concepts in chemical proteomics through three angles: Strategies, Technical Advances, and Applications. Chapters cover those many technical advances and applications in drug discovery, from target identification to validation and potential treatments.
The first section ofMass Spectrometry-Based Chemical Proteomicsstarts by reviewing basic methods and recent advances in mass spectrometry for proteomics, including shotgun proteomics, quantitative proteomics, and data analyses. The next section covers a variety of techniques and strategies coupling chemical probes to MS-based proteomics to provide functional insights into the proteome. In the last section, it focuses on using chemical strategies to study protein post-translational modifications and high-order structures.
- Summarizes chemical proteomics, up-to-date concepts, analysis, and target validation
- Covers fundamentals and strategies, including the profiling of enzyme activities and protein-drug interactions
- Explains technical advances in the field and describes on shotgun proteomics, quantitative proteomics, and corresponding methods of software and database usage for proteomics
- Includes a wide variety of applications in drug discovery, from kinase inhibitors and intracellular drug targets to the chemoproteomics analysis of natural products
- Addresses an important tool in small molecule drug discovery, appealing to both academia and the pharmaceutical industry
Mass Spectrometry-Based Chemical Proteomicsis an excellent source of information for readers in both academia and industry in a variety of fields, including pharmaceutical sciences, drug discovery, molecular biology, bioinformatics, and analytical sciences.
Keywords: chemical proteomics; proteomics; molecules; drug discovery; protein analysis; drug actions; pharmaceutics; proteins; protein; chemoproteomics; enzymes; kinase inhibitors; pharmaceutical science; molecular science; bioinformatics; analytical science
chemical proteomics; proteomics; molecules; drug discovery; protein analysis; drug actions; pharmaceutics; proteins; protein; chemoproteomics; enzymes; kinase inhibitors; pharmaceutical science; molecular science; bioinformatics; analytical science, Drug Discovery & Development, Genomics & Proteomics, Drug Discovery & Development, Genomics & Proteomics