A systematic review of the most current decision models and techniques for disease prevention and treatment
Decision Analytics and Optimization in Disease Prevention and Treatmentoffers a comprehensive resource of the most current decision models and techniques for disease prevention and treatment.With contributions from leading experts in the field, this important resource presents information on the optimization of chronic disease prevention, infectious disease control and prevention, and disease treatment and treatment technology. Designed to be accessible, in each chapter the text presents one decision problem with the related methodology to showcase the vast applicability of operations research tools and techniques in advancing medical decision making.
This vital resource features the most recent and effective approaches to the quickly growing field of healthcare decision analytics, which involves cost-effectiveness analysis, stochastic modeling, and computer simulation. Throughout the book, the contributors discuss clinical applications of modeling and optimization techniques to assist medical decision making within complex environments. Accessible and authoritative, Decision Analytics and Optimization in Disease Prevention and Treatment:
- Presents summaries of the state-of-the-art research that has successfully utilized both decision analytics and optimization tools within healthcare operations research
- Highlights the optimization of chronic disease prevention, infectious disease control and prevention, and disease treatment and treatment technology
- Includes contributions bywell-known experts from operations researchers to clinical researchers, and from data scientists to public health administrators
- Offers clarification on common misunderstandings and misnomers while shedding light on new approaches in this growing area
Designed for use by academics, practitioners, and researchers, Decision Analytics and Optimization in Disease Prevention and Treatment offers a comprehensive resource for accessing the power of decision analytics and optimization tools within healthcare operations research.
Keywords: Infectious Disease Control and Management; Optimization in Infectious Disease Control and Prevention; Tuberculosis Modeling Using Microsimulation; Saving Lives with Operations Research; Models to Improve HIV Resource Allocation; Adaptive Decision Making During Epidemics; Assessing Register-based Chlamydia Infection Screening Programs; Optimal Selection of Assays for Detecting Infectious Agents in Donated Blood; Modeling Chronic Hepatitis C during Rapid Therapeutic Advance; Cost-effective Screening; Monitoring and Treatment Strategies; Non-communicable Disease Prevention; Modeling Disease Progression and Risk-Differentiated Screening for Cervical Cancer Prevention; Using Finite-Horizon Markov Decision Processes for Optimizing Post-Mammography Diagnostic Decisions; Decision Analytics and Optimization in Disease Prevention and Treatment; Nan Kong; Shengfan Zhang, Health Policy, Health Risk & Patient Safety, Optimization, Health Policy, Health Risk & Patient Safety, Optimization
- Kong, Nan
- Zhang, Shengfan
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Wiley Series in Operations Research and Management Science
- Page amount
- 432 pages
- Medicine, Health Care, Mode
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN