Balancing provocative criticism with clear explanations ofcomplex ideas, this student-friendly introduction investigates thecrucial role global entertainment media has played in the emergenceof transitional capitalism.
- Examines the influence of global entertainment media on theemergence of transnational capitalism, providing a framework forexplaining and understanding world culture as part of changingclass relations and media practices
- Uses action adventure movies to demonstrate the complexrelationship between international media political economy,entertainment content, global culture, and cultural hegemony
- Draws on examples of public and community media in Venezuelaand Latin America to illustrate the relations between governmentpolicies, media structures, public access to media, and mediacontent
- Engagingly written with crisp and controversial commentary toboth inform and entertain readers
- Includes student-friendly features such as fully-integratedcall out boxes with definitions of terms and concepts, and listsand summaries of transnational entertainment media
Keywords: Media Studies, Transnational media, transnational capitalism, transnationalism, global media, entertainment media, hegemony, cultural hegemony, political economy, culture and media, social class, media and democracy, media and capitalism, audience, consumerism, television and capitalism, action movies and capitalism, animated film and capitalism, comple-flow, hybridity, community media, international communication, popular culture, media economics, cultural studies, diversity, media and globalization, media and neoliberalism, cultural imperialism