New features in the 2nd edition:
- Expanded treatment of ESD and analog design of passive devices of resistors, capacitors, inductors, and active devices of diodes, bipolar junction transistors, MOSFETs, and FINFETs.
- Increased focus on ESD power clamps for power rails for CMOS, Bipolar, and BiCMOS.
- Co-synthesizing of semiconductor chip architecture and floor planning with ESD design practices for analog, and mixed signal applications
- Illustrates the influence of analog design practices on ESD design circuitry, from integration, synthesis and layout, to symmetry, matching, inter-digitation, and common centroid techniques.
- Increased emphasis on system-level testing conforming to IEC 61000-4-2 and IEC 61000-4-5.
- Improved coverage of low-capacitance ESD, scaling of devices and oxide scaling challenges.
ESD: Circuits and Devices 2nd Edition is an essential reference to ESD, circuit & semiconductor engineers and quality, reliability &analysis engineers. It is also useful for graduate and undergraduate students in electrical engineering, semiconductor sciences, microelectronics and IC design.