Since the publication of the successful first edition of the book in 2010, the field has matured and a large number of advancements have been made to the science of polymer nanotube nanocomposites (PNT) in terms of synthesis, filler surface modification, as well as properties. Moreover, a number of commercial applications have been realized. The aim of this second volume of the book is, thus, to update the information presented in the first volume as well as to incorporate the recent research and industrial developments.
This edited volume brings together contributions from a variety of senior scientists in the field of polymer nanotube composites technology to shed light on the recent advances in these commercially important areas of polymer technology. The book provides the following features:
- Reviews the various synthesis techniques, properties and applications of the polymer nanocomposite systems
- Describes the functionalization strategies for single walled nanotubes in order to achieve their nanoscale dispersion in epoxy matrices
- Provides insights into the multiscale modeling of the properties of PNT
- Provides perspectives on the electron microscopy characterization of PNT
- Presents an overview of the different methodologies to achieve micro-patterning of PNT
- Describes the recent progress on hybridization modifications of CNTs with carbon nanomaterials and their further applications in polymer nanocomposites
- Provides details on the foams generates with PNT
- Provides information on synthesis and properties of polycarbonate nanocomposite.
- Describes the advanced microscopy techniques for understanding of the polymer/nanotube composite interfaces and properties.
Keywords: methods; polymer; synthesis; nanotube; review; properties; applications; nanocomposites; references; matrices; singlewalled; nanotubes integration; epoxy; carbon; strategies, Carbon Materials, Polymer Science & Technology General, Carbon Materials, Polymer Science & Technology General