A key resource and framework for assessing the performance of competing entities, including forecasting models
Advances in DEA Theory and Applications provides a much-needed framework for assessing the performance of competing entities with special emphasis on forecasting models. It helps readers to determine the most appropriate methodology in order to make the most accurate decisions for implementation. Written by a noted expert in the field, this text provides a review of the latest advances in DEA theory and applications to the field of forecasting.
Designed for use by anyone involved in research in the field of forecasting or in another application area where forecasting drives decision making, this text can be applied to a wide range of contexts, including education, health care, banking, armed forces, auditing, market research, retail outlets, organizational effectiveness, transportation, public housing, and manufacturing. This vital resource:
- Explores the latest developments in DEA frameworks for the performance evaluation of entities such as public or private organizational branches or departments, economic sectors, technologies, and stocks
- Presents a novel area of application for DEA; namely, the performance evaluation of forecasting models
- Promotes the use of DEA to assess the performance of forecasting models in a wide area of applications
- Provides rich, detailed examples and case studies
Advances in DEA Theory and Applications includes information on a balanced benchmarking tool that is designed to help organizations examine their assumptions about their productivity and performance.
Keywords: data envelopment analysis; DEA; DEA and economics; DEA operations research; estimating production frontiers; measuring productive efficiency of decision making units; measuring productive efficiency of DMUs; DEA and benchmarking in operations management; benchmarking the performance of manufacturing; benchmarking service operations; mathematical programming techniques; DEA and mathematical models; evaluating the performance of peers; evaluating DEA multiple performance measures or metrics; DEA applications; DEA benchmarking tool; DEA and productivity; DEA and performance; DEA and forecasting models, Management Science / Operations Research, Financial Economics, Management Science/Operational Research, Financial Economics
- Tone, Kaoru
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Wiley Series in Operations Research and Management Science
- Page amount
- 576 pages
- Natural Sciences
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN