Your guide to becoming a successful back yardbeekeeper
Want to find out what all the buzz is about beekeeping? Thelatest edition of Beekeeping For Dummies gives youthe most trusted and up-to-date information on safely keeping yourown bees, including complete instructionsfor assembling and maintaining beehives, handling allphases of honey production, using the latest tools and equipment,and much more.
Keeping your own bees has many benefits: they not only pollinateyour garden, but you can harvest the honey, honeycomb, propolis,bee pollen, and wax. With the expert guidancein Beekeeping For Dummies, you'll get the know-how toacquire your own bees and transfer them safely to their new home,securely open and close the hive, inspect your bees at the righttime, handle common problems, and extract honey like apro.
- Includes expert tips for maintaining a healthy beecolonyContains options for using natural (non-chemical) methods forkeeping bees healthy
- Has information for keeping bees in both suburban and urbanenvironments
- Covers harvesting and marketing your honey
- Explores the impact the sudden disappearance of the honey beehas on our environment and economy
- Provides information on how to raise your own queen bees andimprove the genetics of your colonies
Keywords: Pet Care / Other Animals, Beekeeping For Dummies, Howland Blackiston, beekeeping, beekeeper, keeping your own bees, building and maintaining beehives, beehives, maintaining beehives, honey production, all phases of honey production, honey bee, honey bees, techniques in beekeeping, tools and techniques in beekeeping, honey bee colony, maintaining a healthy bee colony, honey bee medication, honey bee medication and treatments, marketing your honey, harvesting and marketing your honey, disappearance of the honey bee