Using a practical approach, the Manual of Veterinary Transfusion Medicine and Blood Banking provides veterinary practitioners with evidence-based guidelines to refer to at the clinical practice level.
- Provides evidence-based information on transfusion medicine and blood banking practices
- Presents sections on recipient screening, donor selection, blood collection and storage, and how to meet blood product demands
- Includes useful protocols for transfusions and blood banking relevant to clinical practice
- Incorporates the balanced perspectives of veterinarians and veterinary technicians
- Contains information pertaining to large, small, and exotic animals
Veterinary, emergency and critical care, blood banking, hematology, transfusion, component therapy, red blood cell, plasma, platelet products, alternative blood products, recipient screening, complications, monitoring, donor selection, blood collection, blood storage, equine, food animals, birds, small mammals, reptiles, amphibians, primates