Writing Built Environment Dissertations and Projects will help you to write a good dissertation or project by giving you a good understanding of what should be included, and showing you how to use data collection and analysis tools in the course of your research.
- Addresses prominent weaknesses in under-graduate dissertations including weak data collection; superficial analysis and poor reliability and validity
- Includes many more in-depth examples making it easy to understand and assimilate the concepts presented
- Issues around study skills and ethics are embedded throughout the book and the many examples encourage you to consider the concepts of reliability and validity
- Second edition includes a new chapter on laboratory based research projects
- Supporting website with sample statistical calculations and additional examples from a wider range of built environment subjects
Keywords: built environment dissertation
built environment dissertation, built environment project, built environment student, civil engineering projects, data analysis, data analysis tools, data collection, descriptive statistics, dissertation structure, exemplar research proposals, glossary of research terms, good dissertation, inferential statistics, laboratory based research projects, Laboratory experiments, Literature review, methodological design, Methodology, project structure, Qualitative data analysis, qualitative methodology, qualitative research, Quantitative data analysis, reliability, research ethics, Research goals, Research hypothesis, research proposal, Review of theory, sample statistical calculations, study skills, technical civil engineering projects, validity