Bringing together key topics in basic science, clinical nutrition, and public health, Nutrition, Health and Disease is an easy-to-read, student-friendly textbook which clearly demonstrates how the body’s demand for nutrients changes throughout life,and thus the variety of ways in which nutrition and diet affect health and disease.
Thesecond edition of this successful text includes:
- Expanded introductory material to ensure a firm grasp of key concepts
- New content on vegetarian, vegan, kosher and other alternative diets
- Dieting in adults
- Gender and nutrition
- Macro- and micronutrients
- A range of new diagrams to support visual learners
- Background on nutritional epidemiology and statistics.
Nutrition, Health and Disease: A Lifespan Approach is an ideal resource forthe range of material a student or newly-qualified nutrition or dietetics professional needs to know.