whatof electrophysiology without the
why. This new text is designed to tell the story of electrophysiology so that the seemingly disparate myriad observations of clinical practice come into focus as a cohesive and predictable whole.
- Presents a unique, conceptually-guided approach to understanding the movement of electrical current through the heart, the impact of various disease states and the positive effect of treatment
- Reviews electrophysiologic principles and the analytic tools which, when combined with a firm grasp of EP mechanisms, allow the reader to think through any situation
- Presents the mathematics necessary for the practice of cardiac electrophysiology in an accessible and understandable manner
- Contains accompanying video clips, including computer simulations showing the flow of electrical current through the heart, which help explain and visualise concepts discussed in the text
- Includes helpful chapter summaries and full color illustrations aid comprehension
Keywords: Electrophysiology; Clinical; Cardiac; Peter Spector; Ion channels; Arrhythmia; Atrial Fibrillation; AF; Electro-anatomic Mapping; Electrogram; Long QT syndrome; Tachycardia, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiovascular Imaging, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiovascular Imaging