Monitoring and Intervention for the Critically Ill Small Animal: The Rule of 20 offers guidance for assessing the patient, interpreting diagnostic test results, and selecting appropriate monitoring procedures.
- Based on Rebecca Kirby’s time-tested Rule of 20, with a chapter devoted to each item on the checklist
- Provides comprehensive guidance for monitoring a critically ill small animal patient
- Emphasizes the interplay of each parameter with one another
- Designed for fast access on the clinic floor, with potentially life-saving ideas, tips, lists and procedures
- Presents tables, schematics, algorithms, and drawings for quick reference
Keywords: Monitoring; intervention; critical care; intensive care; patient assessment; fluid balance; acid-base and electrolyte balance; blood pressure; renal function; oxygenation; ventilation; temperature; heart rate; heart rhythm; small animal; dog; cat; canine; feline, Veterinary Medicine / Small Animal General, Veterinary Medicine - Small Animal General