Compiles 70 of the key terms most frequently used or discussedby authors of the Romantic period – and most oftendeliberated by critics and literary historians of the era.
- Offers an indispensable resource for understanding the ideasand differing interpretations that shaped the Romantic period
- Includes keywords spanning Abolition and Allegory, throughMadness and Monsters, to Vision and Vampires
- Features in-depth descriptions of each entry’s directmeaning and connotations in relation to its usage and thought inliterary culture
- Provides deep insights into the political, social, and culturalclimate of one of the most expressive periods of Western literaryhistory
- Draws on the author’s extensive experience of teaching,lecturing, and writing on Romantic literature
Keywords: 18th Century English Literature, Romanticism
Romanticism, Romantic era, Romantic period, British Romanticism, English Romanticism, Romantic criticism, Romantic theory, Romantic aesthetic, literary history, Early Romanticism, Later Romanticism, Abolition and Romanticism, Allegory and Romanticism, Madness and Romanticism, Monsters and Romanticism, Vampires and Romanticism
- Burwick, Frederick
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Keywords in Literature and Culture (KILC).
- Page amount
- 400 pages
- Litterary Studies
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN