Automated Transit: Planning, Operation, and Applications
A comprehensive discussion of automated transit
This book analyzes the successful implementations of automated transit in various international locations, such as Paris, Toronto, London, and Kuala Lumpur, and investigates the apparent lack of automated transit applications in the urban environment in the United States.
The book begins with a brief definition of automated transit and its historical development. After a thorough description of the technical specifications, the author highlights a few applications from each sub-group of the automated transit spectrum. International case studies display various technologies and their applications, and identify vital factors that affect each system and performance evaluations of existing applications. The book then discusses the planning and operation of automated transit applications at both macro and micro levels. Finally, the book covers a number of less successful concepts, as well as the lessons learned, allowing readers to gain a comprehensive understanding of the topic.
- Provides a thorough examination of automated transit applications, their impact and implications for society
- Written by the committee chair for the Automated Transit Systems Transportation, Research Board
- Offers essential information on planning, costs, and applications of automated transit systems
- Covers driverless metros, automated LRT, group and personal rapid transit, a review of worldwide applications
- Includes capacity and safety guidelines, as well as vehicles, propulsion, and communication and control systems
This book is essential reading for engineers, researchers, scientists, college or graduate students who work in transportation planning, engineering, operation and management fields.
Keywords: international; successful; locations; discussion; book; comprehensive; transit; implementations; various; paris; apparent; states; environment; united; urban; applications; lack; brief; historical; definition; description; thorough, Control Systems Technology, Remote Sensing, Control Systems Technology, Remote Sensing
- Liu, Rongfang
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- IEEE Press Series on Systems Science and Engineering
- Page amount
- 224 pages
- Technology, Energy, Traffic
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN