Breaking Negative Thinking Patterns is the first schema-mode focused resource guide aimed at schema therapy patients and self-help readers seeking to understand and overcome negative patterns of thinking and behaviour.
- Represents the first resource for general readers on the mode approach to schema therapy
- Features a wealth of case studies that serve to clarify schemas and modes and illustrate techniques for overcoming dysfunctional modes and behavior patterns
- Offers a series of exercises that readers can immediately apply to real-world challenges and emotional problems as well as the complex difficulties typically tackled with schema therapy
- Includes original illustrations that demonstrate the modes and approaches in action, along with 20 self-help mode materials which are also available online
- Written by authors closely associated with the development of schema therapy and the schema mode approach
Keywords: Clinical Psychology, Schema therapy, ST, CBT, schemas, modes, schema modes, cognitive therapy, CT, dysfunction, dysfunction modes, problematic behavior patterns, thinking patterns, self-destructive, change, self-help, self-improvement