Putting People First in Social Change Organizations
The Talent Development Platform is about results driven talent development for social change. Written by seasoned nonprofit experts, this book provides a holisticprocess for creating an in-house training and talent development program. The Talent Development Platformoffers organizations the tools for ensuring their professional development systems are successful through regular feedback loops, tailored for learning styles, and specific to their organization. Detailed case studies provide insight into the strategies used by organizations that have implemented the Talent Development Platform, and interviews with experts in the field give readers a handle on the most current thinking. Robust resource guides facilitate the talent development process, and online access to the Talent Development Platform and assessments help streamline the workflow.
Social change organizations make the most of limited resources, but often overlook developing the talent they already have. This book gives readers a plan for finding and nurturing their internal talent to reduce turnover and improve organizational efficiency. More specifically the book helps organizations:
- Develop organizational, department, and position specific competencies.
- Create and revise job descriptions.
- Assess staff and volunteer proficiency levels with created competencies.
- Determine staff and volunteer learning styles.
- Establish professional development goals and objectives tied to strategic goals.
- Implement professional development with on the job learning, mentoring, and training.
- Calculate a return on talent investment.
- Evaluate talent development implementation and proficiency level changes.
Keywords: Talent Development Platform: Putting People First in Social Change Organizations; Heather Carpenter; Tera Qualls; social change organizations; nonprofit management; professional development; leadership development; management development; talent development; effective talent development; funding talent development; professional development assessment tool; learning styles assessment; nonprofit HR; human resources; competencies; strategic talent development; management skills; leadership skills; development program design; nonprofit employee programs, Training & Human Resource Development / Organization Development, Training & Human Resource Development / Organization Development