Putting People First in Social Change Organizations
The Talent Development Platform is about results driventalent development for social change. Written by seasoned nonprofitexperts, this book provides a holistic process for creating anin-house training and talent development program. The TalentDevelopment Platform offers organizations the tools forensuring their professional development systems are successfulthrough regular feedback loops, tailored for learning styles, andspecific to their organization. Detailed case studies provideinsight into the strategies used by organizations that haveimplemented the Talent Development Platform, and interviews withexperts in the field give readers a handle on the most currentthinking. Robust resource guides facilitate the talent developmentprocess, and online access to the Talent Development Platform andassessments help streamline the workflow.
Social change organizations make the most of limited resources,but often overlook developing the talent they already have. Thisbook gives readers a plan for finding and nurturing their internaltalent to reduce turnover and improve organizational efficiency.More specifically the book helps organizations:
- Develop organizational, department, and position specificcompetencies.
- Create and revise job descriptions.
- Assess staff and volunteer proficiency levels with createdcompetencies.
- Determine staff and volunteer learning styles.
- Establish professional development goals and objectives tied tostrategic goals.
- Implement professional development with on the job learning,mentoring, and training.
- Calculate a return on talent investment.
- Evaluate talent development implementation and proficiencylevel changes.
Keywords: Non-Profit Organizations / Management Leadership, Talent Development Platform: Putting People First in Social Change Organizations
Talent Development Platform: Putting People First in Social Change Organizations, Heather Carpenter, Tera Qualls, social change organizations, nonprofit management, professional development, leadership development, management development, talent development, effective talent development, funding talent development, professional development assessment tool, learning styles assessment, nonprofit HR, human resources, competencies, strategic talent development, management skills, leadership skills, development program design, nonprofit employee programs