Brought to you by the world’s leading transplant clinicians, Textbook of Organ Transplantation provides a complete and comprehensive overview of modern transplantation in all its complexity, from basic science to gold-standard surgical techniques to post-operative care, and from likely outcomes to considerations for transplant program administration, bioethics and health policy.
Beautifully produced in full color throughout, and with over 600 high-quality illustrations, it successfully:
- Provides a solid overview of what transplant clinicians/surgeons do, and with topics presented in an order that a clinician will encounter them.
- Presents a holistic look at transplantation, foregrounding the interrelationships between transplant team members and non-surgical clinicians in the subspecialties relevant to pre- and post-operative patient care, such as gastroenterology, nephrology, and cardiology.
- Offers a focused look at pediatric transplantation, and identifies the ways in which it significantly differs from transplantation in adults.
- Includes coverage of essential non-clinical topics such as transplant program management and administration; research design and data collection; transplant policy and bioethical issues.
Textbook of Organ Transplantation is the market-leading and definitive transplantation reference work, and essential reading for all transplant surgeons, transplant clinicians, program administrators, basic and clinical investigators and any other members of the transplantation team responsible for the clinical management or scientific study of transplant patients.
Keywords: transplantation; allan; organ; textbook; university school; vanderbilt; transplant clinicians; leading; worlds; complexity; modern; overview; providesa, Surgery & Surgical Specialties, Surgery & Surgical Specialties
- Kirk, Allan D.
- Knechtle, Stuart J.
- Larsen, Christian P.
- Madsen, Joren C.
- Pearson, Thomas C.
- Webber, Steven A.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 1880 pages
- Medicine, Health Care, Mode
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN