Starting your own business is an exciting - and challenging - time.
This updated edition of the startup classic shows you how to build a business agile enough to take advantage of emerging trends and opportunities, and sturdy enough to weather any storm. Packed with real-life examples and links to hundreds of valuable resources, Starting a Business For Dummies, 4th Edition gives you what you need to make the leap from employee to successful entrepreneur with confidence.
All your favourite, trusted content has been updated including:
- Laying the groundwork and testing the feasibility of your business idea
- Writing a winning business plan and finding funding
- How to operate effectively, including managing your finances and employing people
- Growing your business and improving performance
New content includes:
- The latest funding schemes, including government funding and crowdfunding
- Tendering for public sector work
- Avoiding business cyber-crime
- Franchising and pop ups
- Exporting (the government has set a target of doubling the number of exporting companies by 2020)
- Environmental impact (a recent survey found 77% of SMEs wanted to know how to measure and improve their environmental impact)
Keywords: Small Business & Entrepreneurship