Visual Studio is your essential tool for Windows programming. Visual Studio 2013 features important updates to the user interface and to productivity. In Professional Visual Studio 2013, author, Microsoft Certified Trainer, and Microsoft Visual C# MVP Bruce Johnson brings three decades of industry experience to guide you through the update, and he doesn't just gloss over the basics. With his unique IDE-centric approach, he steers into the nooks and crannies to help you use Visual Studio 2013 to its maximum potential.
- Choose from more theme options, check out the new icons, and make your settings portable
- Step up your workflow with hover colors, auto brace completion, peek, and CodeLens
- Code ASP.NET faster than ever with new shortcuts
- Get acquainted with the new SharePoint 2013 environment
- Find your way around the new XAML editor for Windows Store apps
Visual Studio 2013 includes better support for advanced debugging techniques, vast improvements to the visual database tools, and new support for UI testing for Windows Store apps. This update is the key to smoother, quicker programming, and Professional Visual Studio 2013 is your map to everything inside.
Keywords: Programming / C & C++, Professional Visual Studio 2013, Bruce Johnson, Windows programming, Visual Studio updates, ASP.NET coding, debugging, XAML editor, SharePoint 2013, visual database, Microsoft Certified Trainer, efficient programming, faster coding, UI testing, app testing, CodeLens, Visual Studio help, Visual Studio bug fixes, advanced debugging, IDE-centric, Microsoft apps, refactoring, better IDE, Data Compare function, Wrox books on visual studio, visual studio 2013 tutorials