Pathology of Pet and Aviary Birds, Second Edition offers a comprehensive reference to the gross and histologic features of diseases seen in pet and aviary birds. Now with full-color images and more images throughout, the book provides a complete guide to the diagnosis of disease in avian pets, putting pathologic findings into context. The Second Edition adds coverage of pigeons and chickens, more pathophysiology, increased information on prognosis and trends, and more diseases seen outside the United States.
Logically organized by body system, the book includes more than 850 color photographs showing disease lesions. Pathology of Pet and Aviary Birds is an essential resource for veterinary pathologists, diagnosticians, and avian veterinarians.
- Provides a complete resource for identifying both common and not-so-common diseases in a wide range of avian species
- Includes more than 850 full-color images to show disease lesions
- Offers context for the interpretation of pathologic findings, promoting an understanding of the pathogenesis and epizootiology of disease
- Adds information on pigeons and chickens, pathophysiology, prognosis and trends, and globally relevant diseases
- Aids pathologists, diagnosticians, and avian veterinarians in identifying lesions in pet birds
Pathology, disease, lesion, necropsy, gross, histology, cytology, tumor, pathologic interpretation, pathologic findings, avian, bird, psittacine, poultry,
Pathology, disease, lesion, necropsy, gross, histology, cytology, tumor, pathologic interpretation, pathologic findings, avian, bird, psittacine, poultry, Veterinary Medicine / Birds