The book is intended for researchers interested in statistical methodology and models useful in survival analysis, system reliability and statistical testing for censored and non-censored data.
Part 1. Statistical Models and Methods
1. Unidimensionality, Agreement and Concordance Probability, Zhezhen Jin and Mounir Mesbah.
2. A Universal Goodness-of-Fit Test Based on Regression Techniques, Florence George and Sneh Gulati.
3. Entropy-type Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Heavy-Tailed Distributions, Andreas Makrides, Alex Karagrigoriou and Filia Vonta.
4. Penalized Likelihood Methodology and Frailty Models, Emmanouil Androulakis, Christos Koukouvinos and Filia Vonta.
5. Interactive Investigation of Statistical Regularities in Testing Composite Hypotheses of Goodness of Fit, Boris Lemeshko, Stanislav Lemeshko and Andrey Rogozhnikov.
6. Modeling of Categorical Data, Henning Läuter.
7. Within the Sample Comparison of Prediction Performance of Models and Submodels: Application to Alzheimer’s Disease, Catherine Huber-Carol, Shulamith T. Gross and Annick Alpérovitch.
8. Durbin–Knott Components and Transformations of the Cramér-von Mises Test, Gennady Martynov.
9. Conditional Inference in Parametric Models, Michel Broniatowski and Virgile Caron.
10. On Testing Stochastic Dominance by Exceedance, Precedence and Other Distribution-Free Tests, with Applications, Paul Deheuvels.
11. Asymptotically Parameter-Free Tests for Ergodic Diffusion Processes, Yury A. Kutoyants and Li Zhou.
12. A Comparison of Homogeneity Tests for Different Alternative Hypotheses, Sergey Postovalov and Petr Philonenko.
13. Some Asymptotic Results for Exchangeably Weighted Bootstraps of the Empirical Estimator of a Semi-Markov Kernel with Applications, Salim Bouzebda and Nikolaos Limnios.
14. On Chi-Squared Goodness-of-Fit Test for Normality, Mikhail Nikulin, Léo Gerville-Réache and Xuan Quang Tran.
Part 2. Statistical Models and Methods in Survival Analysis
15. Estimation/Imputation Strategies for Missing Data in Survival Analysis, Elodie Brunel, Fabienne Comte and Agathe Guilloux.
16. Non-Parametric Estimation of Linear Functionals of a Multivariate Distribution Under Multivariate Censoring with Applications, Olivier Lopez and Philippe Saint-Pierre.
17. Kernel Estimation of Density from Indirect Observation, Valentin Solev.
18. A Comparative Analysis of Some Chi-Square Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Censored Data, Ekaterina Chimitova and Boris Lemeshko.
19. A Non-parametric Test for Comparing Treatments with Missing Data and Dependent Censoring, Amel Mezaouer, Kamal Boukhetala and Jean-François Dupuy.
20. Group Sequential Tests for Treatment Effect with Covariates Adjustment through Simple Cross-Effect Models, Isaac Wu Hong-Dar.
Part 3. Reliability and Maintenance
21. Optimal Maintenance in Degradation Processes, Waltraud Kahle.
22. Planning Accelerated Destructive Degradation Tests with Competing Risks, Ying Shi and William Q. Meeker.
23. A New Goodness-of-Fit Test for Shape-Scale Families, Vilijandas Bagdonavicius.
24. Time-to-Failure of Markov-Modulated Gamma Process with Application to Replacement Policies, Christian Paroissin and Landy Rabehasaina.
25. Calculation of the Redundant Structure Reliability for Aging type Elements, Alexandr Antonov, Alexandr Plyaskin and Khizri Tataev.
26. On Engineering Risks of Complex Hierarchical Systems Analysis, Vladimir Rykov.
About the Authors
Vincent Couallier is Associate Professor at Bordeaux Segalen University in France
Léo Gerville-Réache is Associate Professor at Bordeaux 2 University in France.
Catherine Huber-Carol is Professor Emeritus at Paris René Descartes University in France.
Nikolaos Limnios is Professor at Compiègne University of Technology in France.
Mounir Mesbah is Professor at University Pierre and Marie Curie in Paris, France.
Keywords: Mathematical Modeling, Statistical models, reliability analysis, survival analysis, statistical goodness of fit, stochastic process for system reliability, Professor M. Nikulin, S2MRSA conference, Bordeaux Segalen University