- Explores novel wireless networks beyond 3G, and advanced 4G technologies, such as MIMO, via propagation phenomena and the fundamentals of adapted antenna usage.
- Explains how adaptive antennas can improve GoS and QoS for any wireless channel, with specific examples and applications in land, aircraft and satellite communications.
- Introduces new stochastic approach based on several multi-parametric models describing various terrestrial scenarios, which have been experimentally verified in different environmental conditions
- New chapters on fundamentals of wireless networks, cellular and non-cellular, multiple access networks, new applications of adaptive antennas for positioning, and localization of subscribers
- Includes the addition of problem sets at the end of chapters describing fundamental aspects of wireless communication and antennas.
Keywords: Antennas & Propagation, Radio propagation, adaptive antennas, wireless communication networks, LOS propagation, NLOS propagation, link terminals, multipath phenomena, path loss, slow fading, fast fading, free-space propagation, reflection, diffraction, obstructions, 4G wireless networks, LTE