Glycemic Index Diet For Dummies
The glycemic load is a ranking system for carbohydrate-rich food that measures the amount of carbohydrates in a serving. The glycemic index indicates how rapidly a carbohydrate is digested and released as glucose (sugar) into the bloodstream. Using the Glycemic Index is a proven method for calculating the way carbohydrates act in your body to help you lose weight, safely, quickly, and effectively.
The second edition of The Glycemic Index Diet For Dummies presents this system in an easy-to-apply manner, giving you the tools and tips you need to shed unwanted pounds and improve your overall health. You'll not only discover how to apply the glycemic index to your existing diet plan, but you'll also get new and updated information on how to develop a healthy lifestyle.
- Recommends foods that boost metabolism, promote weight loss, and provide longer-lasting energy
- Features delicious GI recipes for glycemic-friendly cooking at home
- Includes exercises for maintaining glycemic index weight loss and promoting physical fitness
- Offers guidance on shopping for food as well as eating at restaurants and away from home
Glycemic Index Diet For Dummies, 2nd Edition is for anyone looking for an easy-to-apply guide to making the switch to this healthy lifestyle.
Keywords: glycemic index, glycemic load, GI, glycemic index diet, Glycemic Index Diet For Dummies, how to apply the glycemic index, foods that boost metabolism, weight loss, glycemic-friendly cooking, GI recipe, GI recipes, glycemic index weight loss
- Raffetto, Meri
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 408 pages
- Medicine, Health Care, Mode
- eISBN (ePUB)