With the growing demand for fiber optics in large-scale communications networks, network professionals need complete, up-to-the-minute information. This book constitutes Part 1 of Cabling: The Complete Guide to Copper and Fiber-Optic Networking and focuses on LAN Networks and Cabling Systems, offering comprehensive coverage on current cabling methodologies and is updated to the latest industry standards. Contents include:
1. Introduction to Data Cabling.
2. Cabling Specifications and Standards.
3. Choosing the Correct Cabling.
4. Cable System and Infrastructure Constraints.
5. Cabling System Components.
6. Tools of the Trade.
7. Copper Cable Media.
8. Fiber-Optic Media.
9. Wall Plates.
11. Transmission Equipment.
12. Ubounded (Wireless) Media.
13. Cabling-System Design and Installation.
14. Cable-Connector Installation.
15. Cable-System Testing and Troubleshooting.
16. Creating a Request for Proposal.
17. Cabling @ Work: Experience from the Field.
Keywords: Computer Hardware (general), cabling part 1, lan networks and cabling systems, cabling systems, data cabling, cabling specifications, copper and fiber-optic networking, guide to fiber-optic networking, guide to fiber-optic networks