Early Years Nutrition and Healthy Weight focuses on theearly years of childhood as a key period in which eating andexercise habits are formed. Combining current evidence withpractical advice, an international group of health specialistsadvise on the avoidance and management of childhood obesity. Theylook at key risk areas such as early sedentary behaviour, parentalinfluences and underlying medical causes, and also investigatepractical interventions including advice during pregnancy,parenting strategies, and prevention during pre-school and theearly school years.
This practical handbook contains vital information and advice forall nutritionists and dietitians working with young children andfamilies. It will also be a valuable text for health visitors,paediatricians and general practitioners, and students of nutritionand dietetics specialising in paediatric nutrition.
- Only practitioner handbook dedicated to the early years ofchildhood as the key to ensuring healthy weight in later life
- Covers pregnancy through to pre-school and early school yearsinterventions
- Also addresses the social and psychological issues thatunderpin nutritional problems
- International group of expert authors consider the issue acrossthe developed world
- Case studies in each chapter illustrate the application oftheory to practice
Keywords: Nutrition & Dietetics General, Nutrition
Nutrition, childhood, obesity, weight, management, interventions, pregnancy, international, disorder, children, evidence-based, dietetics, school, sedentary, public health, paediatric, pediatric